Now Contracting Officers have the ability to perform Sole Source acquisitions with a Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) due to the addition of FAR 19.1506. Under FAR 19.1506, a Contracting Officer generally must consider a WOSB or Economically Disadvantaged WOSB (EDWOSB), Sole Source award before considering small business set-asides. Sole Source authority provides Contracting Officers the ability to procure services in a streamlined and shortened timeframe.
The WOSB Sole Source authority provides agencies many procurement benefits:
Eliminates the time-consuming process of developing a detailed RFP, posting the solicitation, awaiting contractor responses, and evaluating all submissions while mitigating potential protests.
Reduced decision cycle
Time required to award a WOSB sole source contract is usually within days, not months.
Decreased administrative costs
Procurement process and time are reduced to a minimum.
Prices reflecting the best value
Agency negotiates with the firm directly to obtain the best value.
WOSB small business credits
Agency obtains credit for promoting WOSB small business participation.
The WOSB Sole Source Authority is a great new tool in the Contracting Officer’s toolkit to acquire necessary services and solutions in a streamlined fashion.
Management Strategies is certified as a Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Federal Contracting program
WOSB Sole Sources are permitted in substantially underrepresented NAICS codes, as defined by SBA. Those typically used for Management Strategies' services include:
541511 Custom Computer Programming Services
541512 Computer Systems Design Services
541519 Other Computer Related Services
541611 Administrative Management and General Management Consulting Services
541612 Human Resources Consulting Services
541613 Marketing Consulting Services
541618 Other Management Consulting Services
541690 Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
541990 All Other Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
611430 Professional and Management Development Training
See SBA.gov/WOSB for the complete list of WOSB NAICS codes.
Management Strategies’ Industry Information
JLC Solutions, LLC dba Management Strategies
Management Strategies’ Prime Contract Vehicles
About Management Strategies
Management Strategies is an SBA-certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) delivering management consulting services to federal agencies including program management, process improvement, organization design, coaching and training, and systems operations. We offer the talent and experience of a “Big Four” consultancy with the agility and innovation of a small firm.
Find out more about Management Strategies and WOSB Sole Source Authority by contacting Peter Sobich by email or directly by phone.
The Sole Source Process
The WOSB Sole Source process follows the same rules as Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) or HUBZone Sole Sources:
1. The agency’s Program or Project manager authors a statement of work and prepares a government cost estimate.
2. The Contracting Officer or Specialist selects an appropriate NAICS code and allocates funds.
3. The Contracting Officer or Specialist confirms the utilized NAICS code is on the list of substantially underrepresented federal procurement NAICS codes.
4. The Contracting Officer or Specialist does not have a reasonable expectation that offers would be received from two or more WOSBs, if a competitive procurement was issued.
5. The Contracting Officer or Specialist confirms the total contract value (including all optional services and optional contract periods) does not exceed $4 million.
6. The agency chooses Management Strategies to perform the work.
7. The Contracting Officer or Specialist confirms that Management Strategies is a WOSB for the selected NAICS code by reviewing SAM.gov.
8. The Contracting Officer or Specialist confirms that Management Strategies is a responsible contractor with respect to performance.
9. The Contracting Officer or Specialist submits the statement of work and request for quotation to Management Strategies. The prepared contract documents must include the following statement: “Request procurement be made pursuant to the Small Business Act 15 U.S.C. 637(a) and in accordance with FAR 19.1506”
10. Management Strategies submits its quotation to the agency.
11. The agency evaluates the quotation and confirms the award can be made at a fair and reasonable price.
Management Strategies will work with agencies to facilitate the WOSB Sole Source process.
Management Strategies is an award-winning management consulting firm with 12 years of experience helping federal agencies address complex business challenges and manage mission critical programs.
11921 Freedom Drive, Suite 550, Reston, VA 20190